This blog is going to be a record of some of the things that happen on my school bus. I drive for a small county school and my route is "out in the country" where I have the joy of seeing lots of beautiful "gifts' from God....like sunrises, deer, wild turkeys, watching the crops mature and get ready for harvest, hawks circling in the blue skies, beautiful horses grazing in green pastures....etc.
I am getting a late start.....school has been "in session" for 3 weeks. I started thinking about making this "blog" after I saw the movie, "Julia and Julie". Of course, I just thought about it for awhile instead of taking action and making it happen. It is now Labor Day Weekend and there is no school on Monday, so I decided to stop procrastinating, and get stared on this. Some of the things I see and hear on the bus are "priceless" and unless I start writing them down, I will forget them and won't be able to remember and enjoy them again. That is the purpose of this blog!
Here are some episodes that I recall from the first weeks of school.
Graham (kindergartner) getting off the bus for the first time in the afternoon looked at me and asked, "Where is my backpack?" I had to tell him that I didn't know where his backpack was if it wasn't in his bus seat. We found out the next day that he had left it on the "transfer" bus that brings the K-2 grade children to the bus parking lot.
I noticed Cameron (kindergartner) was intently looking at my elbow. Then he would look at my face. Then he would look at my elbow. Then he asked, "Are you old?" I laughed and said, "Well, compared to you.... I am, but compared to my MOM.... I'm not!"
Katie and McKenzie (both 1st graders) were talking about decorating the bus. Katie said that we could paint this side pink for the girls and decorate it with butterflies and stars and white horses. Then McKenzie chimed in and said, "Yes, and we could paint the other side black for the boys."
When I told Mylan (K) to move back into the front seat he replied that he didn't like that seat. I told him that the front seats were reserved for the kindergartners (of whom I have 6 of on my bus this year with 2 sets of twins....one set boys, the other set girls). I told him that he still had to sit in the front seat. He looked me straight in the eye and said, "I don't like you!" It caught me so off guard that I just burst into laughter. I replied, "Well, you can not like me all you want, but you STILL have to sit in the front seat." He moved and quickly "got over" not liking me.
I asked Riley (6 grade) how I could tell his younger brothers, who are identical twins, apart quickly. He said that Cameron always wore "low top" tennis shoes while his twin, Mylan, always wore "high top" tennis shoes. I laughed and told Riley, that method won't work for me when I am driving the school bus and look in my overhead mirror, trying to quickly determine which name to yell out, I won't be able to see their feet....let alone see if they are wearing high top or low top tennies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment